Can you believe the official day of summer is just a few days away! Though summer just isn’t the same as an adult, is it?! But, I’m determined to find some time to relax, read and travel. Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite summer essentials to share with you. Can you tell I’m a bit obsessed with navy?
1. Maxi Skirt – I’m loving Maxi skirts lately. They are so comfortable and light weight. They also work great as a cover up by the pool. I have just recently discovered that SteinMart has adorable summer skirts. I usually would only look at their home décor section, but I have found some really cute clothes there lately!
2. Good Book – I love to read, especially in the summer. There is just something so relaxing about getting caught up in a good book on a warm summer evening, or a lazy day by the pool. One book that is on my summer reading list is Love Does by Bob Goff. Not only have I heard amazing reviews, but he was also my Business Law Professor in college. He was one of my absolute favorite teachers. He made law interesting and exciting…if you can believe that! I remember he would invite all of his students over to his house before a big exam to study and his wife, Sweet Maria, would have yummy snacks for us! He has such a passion and love for God, life and everyone around him. Read along with me! If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out Marissa’s summer reading list.
3. Sunglasses – My favorite are Fossil aviator sunglasses. I’ll let you in on a little secret: buy them at a Fossil Outlet Store, they are a lot less expensive. They hold up really well; I’ve had mine for over 4 years.
4. Bathing Suite | Top Bottoms – I have the hardest time finding a bathing suit that fits well…anyone with me?! I’ve worn the same one for years! Then I saw a picture that my friend Christina posted on Instagram of an adorable bathing suit she got from H&M. I checked their website and they have adorable bathing suites in several styles.
5. Sandals – I bought these in turquoise a couple years back and always get a tone of compliments. I was excited to see that they are available this season again. I love this neutral color…I might just have to buy another pair!
6. Hat – I’ve never really worn hats at the pool until recently, but now I never go without one. Not only are they cute, but it prevents my scalp from getting sunburned!
7. Sunscreen – Skin protection is a must, especially with fair skin like mine, but I hate greasy sunscreen. So, when I stumbled upon Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Sunscreen I fell in love! It is ultra sheer and has dry touch quality to it. I use the lotion on my face and neck under my make-up and I the body mist on the rest of my body.
8. Light Make-up –
- Foundation: I wear BareMinerals for my every day make-up. I love the light even coverage and my favorite part is that it has SPF 15. I have really fair skin and since I have been wearing this make-up paired with the Neutrogena sunscreen, my face has not been sunburned and I only apply it once in the morning.
- Lip-gloss: Neutrogena MoistureShine gloss is my favorite go to lip gloss. Keeps your lips moisturized all year long. I love the soft and subtle tint of the Natural Boost shade for Spring & Summer months and the Vita Plum shade for fall and winter.
- Waterproof mascara: I like to have waterproof mascara on hand for those summer days when I’m at the pool. That is the only time I wear waterproof mascara, because it can make your lashes dry and brittle. Removing waterproof mascara can also be hard on your lashes, which can cause them to fall out. I want to keep all the lashes I have, thank you very much!
9. Beach tote – How cute is this tote from Forever 21! I love a good tote to hold all my summer essentials and large enough to throw in a towel too!
10. Glass Water Bottle – Staying hydrated, especially during the hot summer months is really important. I always carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go. I have this same exact one and the best part about this one is that it is BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free.
Here’s to a great summer everyone!
*Affiliate Links Used