Mommy Monday: 5 Ways To Use Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had a great time celebrating Easter with family.
I am always trying to find inexpensive or free ways to keep my little guy entertained. A long time ago I started saving empty toilet paper rolls hoping I would find a cool use for them. And I’m glad I did because I have found lots of ways to use them in crafts and playing with my little man. Here are 5 fun ways to use up those empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls:
1. Bowling Pins– We just wrapped a different color construction paper around 6 toilet paper rolls, put a little glue, and that’s it!
2. Stamping with Paint– You can see how we did this Valentine’s Day activity here. You could also do different kinds of flowers, which would be perfect for spring!
3. Build a Rocket-I will be having our preschool co-op kiddos do this next week so I thought we would make a sample. You can use foil, crepe paper, construction paper, stickers, felt…the possibilities are endless!
4. Make a Bird Feeder-This was really fun to do with our co-op and simple too…just make sure you are there to supervise because it can get messy! First, I hole punched the toilet paper roll twice at the top on opposite sides. Then the kiddos or adults can “Paint” the toilet paper roll with peanut butter. It works well to leave a little space at the top so you can hold it. Then roll it in bird seed (I found a big bag at the 99 cent store!). (I think I will go back and glue the bird feeder to a plate). Then hang and have fun watching the birds with your little ones!
5. Car Ramp on the Wall– Make a design on the wall by taping toilet paper rolls and/or paper towel rolls to the wall. I used blue tape so that it wouldn’t damage the paint. Let your kiddos send cars, little balls, or pom poms through the maze.
Do you have any other ways to use up those empty toilet paper rolls? I’d love to hear them! Please leave a comment so all us moms can get some more great ideas!
Hope you have a great week!