Mommy Monday: St. Patrick’s Day Fun For Kids
Today I want to share some easy projects you can do with your kiddos for a little St. Patrick’s Day Fun:
1. Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt– When I taught third grade I would do this every year and the kids loved it. I left a little note sitting out that was “from the leprechauns.” Each clue led us to a new hiding spot with another clue and then finally to the treasure which can be anything from a special treat, a book, play gold coins, etc.
2. Rainbow Counting Book– I recently shared this fun project and thought you could tweak it to be more for St. Patrick’s Day by doing rainbows, leprechauns, pots of gold or shamrocks as the counting objects.
3. Make Chocolate Mint Trifles Together– Alisa shared this recipe a while back and I think it would be great to make with your kiddos. Brownies, pudding, whipped cream, and cookies…what’s not to love!!
4. Learn about St. Patrick– We went to our local library and checked out a couple books with the St. Patrick’s Day theme and read them together. You could also google videos about St. Patrick for kids. (Make sure to preview them first 😉 )
5. Do-A-Dot Rainbow– To make this rainbow we used the Do-A-Dots that can be found here. We counted the dots as we made them. Then we glued cotton balls for clouds at the ends of the rainbow.
6. Go on a Green Hunt – Go around your house looking for things that are green. Collect them in a basket or spot in the house and then count them, categorize them, and talk about what letter/sound they start with.
7. Have a St. Patrick’s Day inspired snack/lunch– some suggestions would be to have green food such as kiwi, green jello, green grapes, zucchini, green apples. You could get a shamrock cookie cutter and make shamrock shaped sandwiches for lunch! Involve your little one in thinking of things to eat that would go with your theme.
*affiliate links used
Hope you have a wonderful week!