Nov 19 2013

Free Thankful Chalkboard Printable

Hi Everyone!

Here we go…I’m going to be honest with you: I have been real negative lately.  I find myself focusing on all that is going wrong rather than all that I have to be thankful for.   I decided I don’t like the negative person I am becoming and felt God was moving me to make a change.

I recently started a gratitude journal.  I got the idea from another blogger I follow daily, Shay over at Mix and Match Family.  She kept a gratitude journal for 13 years…talk about dedication!  Basically you write 5 things you are thankful for that day.  Not generic things like food or  a job, but real specific things like “I didn’t have to cook dinner tonight because my sweet husband had dinner on the table when I got home from work.”  The best part is that it doesn’t take as much time or as much thought as a regular diary.  All you have to do is write down 5 things and it doesn’t even have to be complete sentences.  Now a lot of people do this on Thanksgiving or in the month of November, but my goal is to do it for at least an entire year.  I encourage you to do it along with me.  I have a long way to go, but it really helps me reflect on the positive and all that God has blessed me with.

I created a printable that I could frame and put up in my house as a daily reminder of all that I have to be thankful for.  It would also make a great Thanksgiving decoration.  We are giving it away free to those that subscribe to our blog.  It is our little way to say thank you for following us on this adventure.  All you have to do is subscribe to our blog by entering your email address and clicking “subscribe”.  Then shoot us an email with the subject “Thankful Printable” requesting the printable.  We will email you the printable in the next day or two.  See the bottom of the email for printing tips.  I want to give a big thanks to my brother for making the chalkboard background for me!!

Thankful Printable - All In Good Twine

*This printable is free for personal use only.

Thankful Printable Framed

Printing Tips: for the best quality, I suggest printing at Kinko’s or Staples.  It will cost you less than a $1.00!  I  printed mine as an 8″ x 10″ on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. I simply cut off the excess  to fit the frame.  I printed mine on card stock paper and again on a smooth finish paper slightly heavier weight than regular printer paper.  I found that the smooth paper actually turned out better than the cardstock.

I’m linking up over at Bloom Designs.  Hope you enjoy the printable and remember:  There Is Always, Always Something To Be Thankful For!

Signature - Alisa

63 comments on “Free Thankful Chalkboard Printable

1. LOVE the Thankful Printable. Please email the download. Totally puts life back into perspective – important not to let the laundry, dishes, cooking, etc over take your life. I am going to start a gratitude journal as well. Thanks to A Thoughtful Place for linking me over here!

Karen Payne on said:
  2. I saw this quote over on a Thoughtful Place. I love this and the gratitude journal that I will start TODAY! I am most content and at peace when I focus on all the wonderful blessing God has given instead of feeling deprived. thank you…sincerely.

3. I have subscribed. I would love the download to this printable. I try to live this way everyday; but what a wonderful way to remind myself as well as my husband and children to look toward what we are grateful for rather than complaining about what we don’t have.

Valerie H on said:
  4. I too saw your printable over at Courtney’s. I have subscribed and would love to receive a copy. Would love to have a daily reminder to be thankful each and everyday of the year, not just at Thanksgiving time.

• Hi Lauren, don’t you just love Courtney’s blog?! She is so talented. Check your email for the printable. Have a wonderful afternoon!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
    • So glad you like it! It is a great reminder for me too! Check your email for the printable. Have a great weekend!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
  5. Hello, I love your website especially your gratitude printable. I would love to have a copy emailed to me if possible.

Karen High on said:
  6. Love your challenge and would love the free printable – I’m a visual person so the beautiful reminder would be great!
    ThAnks

Dana lawson on said:
  7. Blessed Thanksgiving to you! We have so much more to be thankful for than we can even perceive. But I believe that your practice of gratitude journallng will make you increasingly sensitive to God’s many blessings.

• Thanks Ellen. We do indeed have SO much to be thankful for. Check your email for the printable. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
  8. There really is so much to be thankful for, and it’s important to remember this every day….even when it has been a rough day!

Jinny Straeter on said:
  9. Hi! I love this printable sooomuch. Is it too late to request that u send it on my email? I think everyday and all year round has so much to be thankful for! Im going to put this in my room. Thanks!

• Hi Jess! Thank you for subscribing! We hope you enjoy reading our blog. We will get the printable emailed over to you by this evening. So glad you like it!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
  10. Pingback: Gratitude Journal: A Moment For Me

11. Thank you for such a beautiful printable! Even before my bout with ovarian cancer last year, this was a mantra of mine! I truly believe this with all of my soul! Something good can always come out of something yucky! Sometimes it takes awhile, and sometimes it’s years later….but it always does!!!

Leslie Sheppard on said:
    • You are so welcome, Leslie! Wow, you have such a positive outlook, and warrior spirit! I hope you are doing well now. Blessings to you!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
      • Yes! Doing great now…hair growing and working on getting stronger! Thank you for your reply! I’m just wondering if I could get the link for the printable? Or did I miss something? I am NOT the most tech savvy person! Sorry if you already sent it and I missed it!

Leslie Sheppard on said:
        • So glad to hear you are recovering and doing well, Leslie!! You should have an email from us with the printable attached. Please let us know if for some reason you don’t get it. Hope you have a wonderful day!

allingoodtwine@gmail.com allingoodtwine@gmail.com on said:
  12. Hello,
    Thank you for sharing. Can you please me the free download for your fall chalkboard saying,
    “There is always, always, something to be grateful for”? Thank you so much.

debbie mehtala on said: