Simple Meal: Chicken & Veggie Naan Flatbread Sandwich
Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I wanted to share a simple recipe with you today. It is great for lunch or dinner. My husband and I dreamt up this recipe when we came across the Naan Flatbread at Costco. The Naan Flatbread really makes the sandwich!
2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts
1 Cucumber (peeled)
1/4 Red Onion
1 10 oz Package of Grape Tomatoes
Lettuce (about 5 leaves)
4 Pieces of Naan Flatbread
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Take chicken breast off the bone and shred. Slice cucumber, avocado, red onion and tomatoes. Shred lettuce (iceberg or Romaine will do).
Heat Naan according to directions on the package. I LOVE the Stone Fire Tandoori Naan they sell at Costco. This brand tells you to place Naan on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with water and bake in the oven for 400° for 2 to 3 minutes. I turn mine over halfway through.
Spread a thin layer of hummus over the entire length of one side of Naan. Add chicken, lettuce, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, and onions to the lower half of the Naan, keeping the top half empty to fold over. Add salt and pepper to taste (if desired). Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. Fold over top half of Naan.
Makes 4 individual sandwiches.
Tried & True Tips
- I purchase rotisserie chicken from Costco. Most of the time, you will find that they are cheaper and larger than the grocery stores. Use the remainder pieces of chicken for another meal!
- Make it your own: you could certainly add feta cheese, or make this vegetarian and leave out the chicken.
- I slice my red onion very thin and cut my grape tomatoes in thirds lengthwise.
- I use Sabra Classic Flavor Hummus
- Keep in mind you can freeze your Naan…tastes just as good once it is heated.