Grandma Mabel’s Sour Cream Blue Cheese Dressing
Today we have our Great Grandmother Mabel’s Sour Cream Blue Cheese Dressing to share with you. It is always on the menu when we get together with extended family. We are looking forward to eating it this Thanksgiving. It is so much better than your typical blue cheese dressing and so easy to make. It has a great garlic flavor and rich taste of blue cheese. You get a little tang from the cider vinegar. This dressing will be the star of your salad.
Sour Cream Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
2 cups mayonnaise
2 clove(s) garlic (grated)
1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
1 cup sour cream (thick)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons anchovy paste (optional)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 pound blue cheese
Combine green onions, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, sour cream, lemon juice, and anchovy paste (optional). Add cider vinegar to thin the mixture. Crumble blue cheese and beat into dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with fresh, cut romaine lettuce and top with croutons.
Serves Approximately 10
Tried and True Tips
- All though it may be healthier, we do not recommend substituting with light mayonnaise. It changes the consistency and is not as yummy!
- Although it may be tempting to add more ingredients to your salad, this recipe is better left simple.
- We like to toss the lettuce, croutons and dressing before serving.
- If you want the salad dressing to last longer, leave out the green onion and parsley from the salad dressing mixture. Add onto individual salad servings.
- We recommend serving with homemade croutons. Check back later for a post on this recipe!
- Honestly, we don’t use anchovy paste…we just don’t like it!
Grandma Mabel’s “Sour Cream Blue Cheese Salad Dressing” recipe can also be found at My Recipe Magic. If you haven’t checked it you definitely should. There are so many great recipes, nutritional facts, shopping lists and much more!
Try it and let us know what you think! Leave a comment or send us an email. Enjoy!